This video is the first of the 3-part video series on how to do proper keyword research with Google.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to do so:
1. Go to Google.com
2. Type in “Google Keyword External tool” and click on the top 1 or 2 results.
3. For example purposes, type in “used cars” at the keyword search box.
4. The country option is also defaulted to ‘United States’. You want to make sure that it’s defaulted to ‘Australia’ as we want to focus on Australia. If you are overseas, you want to make sure it’s focused on your country area. Then click on ‘English’ > click on ‘mobile search’ > click on ‘search’.
5. Google will give you a bunch of keyword results on the left hand side. These are the keywords you need to focus on.
6. Don’t worry about the ‘global monthly search’, you will need to focus on the ‘local monthly searches‘ – so click on that tab to filter the results from highest to lowest.
7. On the ‘column’ section, you can also filter the results so it will provide you more information. The picture below shows the average ‘cost per click’ for a business or an advertiser if they were to put an ad via Google. You know when you do a search on Google and you see those ads on the right hand side? Well, in this example an advertiser is expected to be paying around $9.20 per click using the keyword term ‘used cars on finance’.
Can you imagine, that’s $9.20 per click!!!
8. In summary, what you need to do is to make sure that your business (in this example ‘used cars’ business) – is ranking highly for the keywords provided to you by Google. These are keywords that your customer is typing when they do a search on Google. And this keyword research and results from Google is free! Why not take advantage of it?
So, in essence whatever type of business you are in – just type in your service or product on Google and Google will provide you the keywords that your customers are looking for?
Why is this important?
If you don’t rank highly for these keywords, your website will not be found on the search engines. Sure, you can give your website address and your customers better find you that way. But what about your potential customers who doesn’t know about your business and are looking for you?
If you pick your correct keywords and optimise that for your website – it is highly likely that your customers can easily find you. Not only that, but you need to make sure that your keywords are targeted in your local area. That way, you will dominate your business in your local market.
Which means, more revenue for your business.
I hope this video and the step by step instructions helped you. Please watch the next 2 videos from this 3 part video series on how to do keyword research with Google.
If you have any queries or questions, please give us a call or contact us and we are more than happy to assist you.